Back End Engineer
Up to $200,000 New York City Full-time
Python Early stage
Bermi is a video sharing app reinventing and democratizing the way content is shared online. As it is now, you can create a meme that goes viral and is used by millions of people and you end up with exactly zero dollars to show for it, while online content providers serve ads and profit from your meme. It might seem silly to worry about memes but if someone creates content that ends up being enjoyed by millions, they should reap the rewards. We think so, anyway.
Bermi uses the fact that cryptocurrencies have the ability to provide small fractional transactions in order to compensate people for liking, sharing, and recommending content. We envision a new world where profits from online content creation aren't distributed to the publishing platform in a winner-take-all fashion.
This opportunity is on-site, in New York City. We sponsor H-1B and Green Card applicants.
Company Size and Health
Bermi is VC funded and they are a true product company. All the engineers have impressive backgrounds, coming from great schools or other great tech companies. But we don't discriminate against people based on pedigree. We let the quality of your code do the talking for you with an automatic coding challenge. The team is around 14 people and mostly engineers.
Bermi's office is a beautiful penthouse in Wall Street. The building has a pool and the office has many amenities, including beautiful views of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, New Jersey, and Brooklyn. Snacks and meals are provided. Scroll to see photos.
Bermi's video sharing app has 500,000 daily active users, mostly in Latin America. The only way to have a steep career trajectory is by either founding your own successful startup or by joining one. Successful startups grow much faster than they can hire good talent, so naturally there are always opportunities for you to pick up slack and provide additional value if you are so inclined. If you fill a responsibility vacuum well, you will most likely get promoted into that role, and you can keep that going until you rise to the C suite. Joining a company like Bermi, full of brilliant minds maximizes your chances of experiencing an explosive career trajectory.
Bermi is seeking an experienced individual who is driven, is a lifelong learner and who wants to tackle big technical challenges. The compensation can be up to $200k plus equity, depending on experience.
- Snacks and meals provided
- Brilliant team composed mostly of engineers.
- Gorgeous view of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, New Jersey, and Brooklyn.
Open Position: Back End Engineer
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to work on our high-traffic short video app and build a new social network around the world. You will be joining a stellar team with people from Google, Facebook, Bloomberg, Kayak, etc.
- Collaborate daily with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build our backend systems on features, recommendation/ML, data, etc.
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Working independently to tackle challenging problems and implement timely solutions
- Communicating effectively within and across teams during design discussions
Beautiful office with lots of light and amazing view
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field (M.S. a plus)
- 2+ years of backend engineering experience, ideally building products from ideation to launch on a strong engineering team.
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Strong understanding of modern back-end frameworks: Docker, Redis, AWS, etc.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of machine learning and recommendation engines
- Cryptocurrency knowledge
- Apply via this webpage.
- If your experience matches our requirements, you will have to do two async coding challenges.
- After those coding challenges there is an onsite interview with practical coding questions and technical conversations.
- If you are a fit, there will be a quick offer afterwards.
We are a recruiter. You could obviously apply to this job directly. The benefit of working with us is that we will coach you through the interview process, and if you qualify for a role with us you will likely qualify for others.
New York City
ON SITE REQUIRED
June 25, 2019
SHARE THIS JOB