As an R&D company, we develop products and prototypes based on latest technologies with help of a pool of elite senior students, freelancers and researchers. The combination of a fixed core team and a flexible Talent Pool enables us to solve technical challenges in a fast way and on a broad scale (e.g. in the area of IoT, autonomous driving, chatbots, etc.)
In one of the projects, we build a smart street lamp and the corresponding infrastructure for the Smart City in Duabi. The street lamp will act as a groundwork for infrastructure based services. Therefore, we will design a system that is capable of gathering all kind of different sensor data, as for instance live feed from a camera, motion caption, light sensors, humidity, and much more environmental information. Also interactive and connectivity elements like an emergency button, a LED panel or Wi-Fi connectivity are implemented. This product is called Smart Poles.
While the single Smart Pole nodes are building the hardware related basis, enabling the collection of all required information, the aim of the current project is to develop the corresponding software that is responsible for connecting these nodes. Such a software is crucial for enabling and developing valuable use cases.
The design of this software follows a user-focused approach, which means that the related functional and non-functional requirements are directly derived from, and therefore are reasonable use cases with high potential for future trends.
Your role in this awesome project is setting up the complete backend infrastructure in Django (Python). It will get all sensor data, do some data processing, media streaming, and send relevant information to the frontend. The frontend will be a nice and interactive dashboard that shows all the different use cases mentioned above.
In your team, there's a DevOps Engineers, a Frontend Developer, and up to three Embedded Engineers. You are the right person for this project if you:
Some of the values we share here are
What you can expect here
The Hiring Process will look like this:
The project will start ASAP, so basically the Embedded guys started their research and we're just waiting for you. What are you waiting for?
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Within AIR, AIR Assessment focuses on providing clients with customized assessments that not only measure student achievement against state standards, but also provide meaningful score reports that can help students, parents, and educators address any areas of student weakness.
As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking a Network Security Engineer to join the software engineering and product development team of AIR Assessment.
Some of our ground-breaking work in AIR Assessment includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
- Perform the day to day monitoring of security tools such as vulnerability scanners and act as an escalation point for notifications sent by hosting providers or internal teams regarding malware, vulnerabilities, indicators of compromise and other security related incident indicators.
- Work with software architects and developers to understand the AIR Assessment application deeply, to then define logging and auditing standards.
- Define the network zoning policies and standards to be applied to the different types of systems, and the rules governing the communications with all of them.
- Coordinate and ensure of the proper implementation of network controls with hosting provider(s), such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, DNS monitoring, WAF and DDoS protection.
- Implement processes and tools to ensure that all exchanges of information with third parties and clients use secured paths.
- Work with internal AIR security to ensure AST specific threats and compromise scenarios are covered by internal controls, or to design or modify existing controls currently in place.
- Coordinate penetration testing engagement with external vendors as well as the AIR Corporate Information Security Team.
- Coordinate the remediation of issues discovered through penetration testing, integrating these results to the vulnerability management process.
- Perform manual and automated testing of new software and infrastructure used by AIR AST before they are deployed to production.
- Define patterns and circumstances that should be deemed suspicious or malicious, and deploy systems to monitor these patterns across the application and underlying infrastructure.
- Perform account reviews to ensure account creation, modification and deletion respect policy.
- Work with systems administrators and hosting providers to ensure authentication security tools such as Two Factor Authentication are deployed securely, and that service accounts and other highly privileged and administrator/support accounts are restricted as much as possible.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics (or related disciplines)
• 8+ years of technical information security experience; minimum of 5 years with hands-on experience in application and system/network security testing
• Strong understanding of information system security vulnerability assessment/testing on a wide variety of technologies and implementations utilizing both automated tools and manual techniques
• Significant experience performing web application security/penetration testing in accordance with well- known methodologies from OWASP, SANS, and NIST
• Demonstrate significant experience in testing multiple Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, and OSX) as well network devices
• Significant hands on experience with manual web application assessment and penetration testing methods related to web application mapping, reviewing client-side controls, testing user-input fields, and attacking session management, authentication, access controls, encryption, and backend databases/data stores
• Maintain high level of proficiency of hands-on experience with open source and commercial vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools such as HP WebInspect/IBM AppScan/, Tenable Nessus/Rapid 7 NeXpose/Cenzic Hailstorm, Burp Suite, OWASP tools, Nmap, Wireshark, Fiddler, Firebug, Metasploit/Core Impact, sqlmap, ettercap, Caine and Able, BeEF, DirBuster, as well as tailor-made penetration testing distributions such as Kali Linux and Samurai WTF
• Work in a team environment or independently when necessary and be self-directed when appropriate
• Industry information security certifications: OSCP/OSCE/OSWE, GPEN, GWAPT, CEH, CISSP
• Good understanding of the components of a secure SDLC
• Experience with mobile application assessment and penetration testing
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Security Event and Incident Management systems, intrusion detection/prevention system technologies and deployment strategies, content/spam filtering, firewall configuration and rule maintenance
• Experience in performing static code analysis tools such as HP Fortify, Veracode, or IBM AppScan Source
• Ability to identify and 0-day issues employing scripting languages, programming languages, Assembly, and disassemblers/decompilers (IDA Pro, Flare) and debuggers (Ollydbg, GDB, WinDbg)
Carrera: Lic. en Diseo Grfico, Artes Visuales, Comunicacin o afn
Residir en la CDMX = INDISPENSABLE =
Experiencia: mnima de dos aos en DISEO WEB comprobable.
Envo de book. Sin book no se tomar en cuenta.
-Propuesta de imgenes para redes sociales.
-Newsletter esttica y animada (gifs) para e-mail
-Diseo de Pginas web y/o Landings
-Creacin de artes para sitios
-Manipulacin de imagen
-Adaptar imgenes a cualquier tipo de formato visual para las campaas
-Manejo Avanzado de Photoshop, Ilustrator
-Nociones en After Effects o Premiere (deseable no indispensable)
-Nociones de funcionalidad web (indispensable)
-Plataforma Mac (deseable no indispensable)
-Trabajo en equipo
-Capacidad de trabajar bajo presin
Estas interesado, favor de enviar Book y CV a:
(US and Canada)
Work from home for Art & Logic on challenging custom software development projects. We offer great variety (across technologies and industries), and learning new stuff is expected and preferred! Our clients are A-list (think Apple, Google, and Coca-Cola) as well as cool, unique startups. Did I mention that the caliber of your teammates will be exceptional? That’s because A&L is always seeking creative, bright, passionate programmers looking for a place to show their chops and learn from other likewise talented people, no matter where they live. However, we currently have a need for engineers with mobile development experience.
UI design and usability
Art & Logic works on a broad range of projects including mobile, web, audio, imaging, desktop applications and plugins for Win, Mac, and ‘Nix. This is a 100% remote position that can be done from anywhere in the USA or Canada. Our entire development staff works from their homes, interconnected via our workgroup collaboration system. Emphasis on the connected. We live all over North America but we really work in teams. And it’s fun!
At this time, we are only looking for independent contractors. Qualifying for work at Art & Logic requires the full completion of our recruiting process, but we think the reward of being part of an elite team doing cutting-edge projects for big name clients is worth it.
A current A&L developer: “Sometimes I forget what I like best about Art & Logic: thinking about the top-notch geek camaraderie, the personalized work environment and so forth. And then I remember: it’s the projects I work on. Nowhere else have I found such a variety of interesting and challenging assignments, and opportunities to grow as a developer. And it’s for a reason. People don’t approach Art & Logic to churn out routine apps; they come because they have something hard, often requiring research and skilled implementation. There is no better place than Art & Logic for software developers to do what they love — and also better hone their craft.”
Pay Rate: $35-$50/hour
Travel: None Required - Work from Home
Job Type: 1099 (Contractor) - this may be contract work, but we're looking for ongoing working relationships, which can span over the course of multiple projects.
Apply: Got questions? We've got answers. Send your questions to [email protected]
DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, (NYSE: ROP) is seeking anInteraction Designer (lxD)to join our User Experience Design Team in Beaverton, OR.
The DAT Product Development and Technology team is responsible for delivering customer solutions on multiple platforms that are responsive, scalable, and of the highest quality. We use the Agile development process, and value employees who foster collaboration between team members.
The lxD will work as part of a team that will translate business needs and requirements into great products and services for our customers. This is an opportunity to work across mobile and web-based products for our extensive professional offerings. This individual must have excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with fellow designers, product managers, software developers and project managers on a daily basis. This position is responsible for user interaction design, wire framing, and understanding user needs and expectations in order to translate them into excellent designs for browser-based and native Android and iOS applications.
Serve as an advocate for the end-user
Promote consistency across products
Create and design engaging, usable and effective interaction design solutions Create alternative concepts that fulfill product requirements, articulate the merits of each concept and make recommendations
Create and communicate complex interactions via a variety of deliverables such as wireframes, user task flows, or prototypes
Work with team members to validate their designs and suggest solutions
Quickly and effectively communicate your design ideas and rationales
Collaborate in an interdisciplinary team to optimize for customer needs, business constraints and technological realities
Documenting design decisions and interaction guidelines
Work with a diverse team to cultivate ideas and positively influence design direction
Required Skills and Qualifications
Qualified candidates will have a demonstrable portfolio across web, Android and iOS platforms, a good understanding of principles of responsive design, and an interest in understanding end user needs
Minimum BA/BS degree in Human Computer Interaction or Factors and/or or Interaction Design related field, or equivalent experience
Demonstrate deep knowledge of state of the art in user research, user workflow and task modeling, web application design, mobile interaction design, information architecture design, conceptual design, design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design
Familiarity with mobile technologies and interaction modes and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
Experience with applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user
Effective communicator, presenter and negotiator
Proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Axure, Omnigraffle, Visio, InDesign, lllustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, or
Experience in leading design efforts in a team or consultancy
Familiar with process methodologies including Agile and Scrum
Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
Well organized with strong detail
Outstanding interpersonal and written communication
Very high productivity and effective time management
A passion for high quality results
Deep commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
To be considered be sure to include a link to your online portfolio so we may view samples of your work.
Experience in the Following a Plus
Familiarity with web technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
Familiarity with application design for mobile platforms on iOS and Android
General knowledge in server-side technologies, including: CSS, HTML, JSP, jQuery
Think this is for you? Email work @ propertywebbuilder.com