SalesForce PHP app
We have a work processing platform that is connected to a Salesforce database.
We have custom objects that track work orders, associates who complete orders, etc.
We would like to build a custom view to our Salesforce database using PHP.
Note: we already have a PHP app, so we already have a class that connects to our Salesforce instance, and so forth.
Here are the user stories
* As an associate, I want to be able to see all tasks assigned to me.
* As an associate, I want to be able to see what I have scheduled for the week.
* As an associate, I want to be able to pick up tasks on a platform. Ability to update status on the task and have supervisor notified (in progress, completed, etc).
* As a supervisor, I want to be able to see all tasks that are assigned to associates.
* As a supervisor, I want the ability to launch tasks to a group of associates and track the status of those tasks. Have links to needed docs in those tasks.
* As a supervisor, I want to be able to see who is available to work on a task at a specific time
Please see the attachment pdf spec.
All of this data is already in Salesforce and there are fields to track in Salesforce.
This project should be done in two milestones. Milestone 2 is everything in the spec, as referenced above.
The first milestone Milestone 1 is really simple: let's just create a custom trigger (Apex).
For the Order database, upon changing “Status” field to Launched, find all Workers who are qualified to do “Task Type” and send an email notification.
Worker task type qualifications are stored on the Worker already.
In terms of email notification, we can use an external service like Mailgun (we have API credentials) or if Salesforce has emailing functionality builtin, that would work too.
The benefit of doing milestone 1 first is that it's a quick path to a win, generating business value, establishing the business relationship and mutually building trust as well as knowledge of our systems.
In your bid, please quote for milestone 1 and milestone 2.