With investments in household names such as Lyft, Ford Models and Factual, Altpoint Ventures is a venture capital firm and start-up incubator with offices in Greenwich, NYC and LA. The firminvests across stages and sectors of start-ups with emphasis on empowering the highest-potential entrepreneurs who are committed to building the future.
We're looking for a Senior UI Designer to join Aces, a new, well-funded portfolio company in NYC. Aces is a contextual social messaging platform enabling users to share content via a seamless, engaging experience. Users can send, archive, sort, manage, and react to multimedia messages instantly while also discovering social and cultural trends across their networks. Leveraging data and machine learning, Aces redefines the concept of relevance in social media.
As a Senior UI Designer you will have years of experience creating beautiful consumer-oriented UIs for iOS apps. You've mastered iconography, space, color and type and are highly adaptable and ready to take on new and interesting challenges. You are creative and confident in bringing products from conception to completion and enjoy working both independently and with a team. To you, data and testing alongside beautiful design are essential in creating the best possible user experience.You'll become an early and foundational member of a young, but high-impact, product design team whose shared goal is to design, build, evaluate and iterate its way to create an elegant and fun new product. If this sounds like something you're interested in, read below to find out more!
- Produce high-quality interfaces, interactions, and prototypes with excellent attention to detail, quickly and effectively
- Take on new feature design, branding and product ideas from early concepts to final implementation
- Solve product problems with a focus on the best user interface while balancing company goals, design cohesion, user experience, and ease of implementation
- Seek out, understand and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process
- Partnerwith other designers PMs and engineers on the Aces team
- Mastery of iOS design patterns
- BA/BS in fine arts or graphic design
- Solid foundational understanding of design systems
- 3+ years experience on design of consumer-friendly mobile experiences
- A great portfolio that showcases innovative and deep visual interaction design skills
- Communication skills to clearly articulate your ideas
Apply: Interested developers should send a short cover letter and resume to [email protected], subject line, Front-End Developer. You can read more about Getaway on our website at https://getaway.house .
Aquabyte is seeking a Software Engineer to help with product and algorithm development for our underwater camera algorithms. We work on stereoscopic 3D video, object detection and segmentation, and other problems in the underwater domain.
- Build entire application production pipelines from ingest to visualization
- Build new products from the ground up
- Work at the cutting-edge of the latest underwater video research
- Technical degree (CS, math) from a top research university
- Excellent with React.js / web development
- Previous startup and product experience
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on projects
- Experience with Caffe, Torch, or Tensorflow and knowledge of how to optimize these models
- Experience working with underwater video data
- Previous startup founder
If interested, please email your resume to [email protected]
Aquabyte is a venture-backed startup that uses computer vision and machine learning algorithms to optimize fish farms. We are invested and advised by NEA and Princeton University.
UpMail is changing the way salespeople use emails. Our recommendation engine suggests users what to say and which content to share, making it easy and accessible for everyone to increase sales performance and generate more revenue.
Were looking for a remote Front-End Developer to lead the front-end development of our B2B SaaS product, bring UpMail to the next level and shape the sales acceleration technology industry.
Founded two years ago by a CRM and Business Intelligence specialist, UpMail has an international team that includes passionate experts in Sales, Marketing, CRM and Tech who genuinely understand the challenges facing B2B sales people in today's digital world.
This opportunity comes at an exciting point in our journey: weve quickly grown our client base, which now includes well-known hotel groups like Hilton, Jurys Inn, Virgin, and Best Western.
Weve raised more than $500k in investment and just expanded from London with new offices in Paris and the US. Recently launched commercial partnerships in Central Europe and South-East Asia. Were now getting ready for additional international growth and truly global expansion!
This is a unique occasion to make an important impact on a funded startup with a proven business model.
Current technology stack: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSql, JQuery.
London, United Kingdom (required on-site)
We're looking for developers to join us in our office in central London, developing websites, tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role will see you working as part of a friendly, expert team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you in a position to write and deploy the best code that you can.
There are plenty of technical acronyms in here, but fundamentally we're looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans such as project managers and our clients.
As well as the technical knowledge, we need people that get it - people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to yell for help. Cutting down and simplifying complex problems with interfaces which make them appear straightforward.
This is a Freelance role starting ASAP.
We like to see proven abilities in...