Range: [$140k, $160k] + Bonus Jersey City, NJ Full-time
This opportunity is on-site in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Confidential talent search for a public company, one of the best-known names in the gambling industry. State-by-state legislation of online gambling is happening quickly and the tech HQ in Jersey City is run like a well-funded startup.
Open Positions: Mid-Level and Senior Data Engineers
We are looking for Mid-Level and Senior Data Engineers to help build the world's best and fastest betting platform. This is an ETL type role, not a data scientist role.
- Expertise in SQL — handling large datasets and complex data transformations
- Experience with Python
- Experience with cloud solutions for Big Data, but we're neutral regarding which cloud. Any of Snowflake, GCP BigQuery, AWS Redshift, or similar would be great.
- Experience with data pipelines (e.g. Airflow) and streaming processing (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Flink)
- Experience with Big Data platforms Apache Spark / Hadoop and Scala
- Experience with supporting Data Scientists (Machine Learning)
- Experience mentoring other engineers
Extremely family-friendly; great benefits. No relocation for this role. No visa processing. You will need to successfully complete a background and drug screen.
There is a daily triage meeting among HR at 9:15-9:30 regarding submitted candidates. The relevant Hiring Manager reviews and okays any CVs to begin the process:
- First step is the interview process is a behavioral screen with the head of HR.
- Then there is a 30min, remote technical screen; live shared screen coding challenge.
- Then there is a 4h onsite (2 behavioral interviews; 2 technical interviews). The behavioral interviews are all STAR - describe Situation that you were in, explain the Task you had to complete, describe the Actions you took to complete the task, and then provide the Result of your efforts.
- They then aim for 24h turnaround in offer making
In the interviews, they want people to readily admit what you don’t know - no BS. Anything on the CV is fair game. They want to see customer empathy, product-centric, bias-to-action; people with backbones, who take ownership. If they’re lacking in any of these dimensions they should show being able to make it up in coachability.
Please send a thoughtful email, with your resume in pdf format, to email@example.com