Test Automation Engineer
Lead: $190k; Senior: $150k Jersey City, NJ Full-time
TDD, Selenium Public
This opportunity is on-site in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Confidential talent search for a public company, one of the best-known names in the gambling industry. State-by-state legislation of online gambling is happening quickly and the tech HQ in Jersey City is run like a well-funded startup.
Open Positions: Test Automation Engineers
We are hiring both a Senior as well as a Team Lead. These roles are responsible for developing and overseeing testing process and transforming manual testing into efficient, automated testing. We would love someone with experience doing QA for full-stack web applications. Unfortunately, people with a financial services background are not a good fit for this position.
- Some scripting experience (Selenium, Cucumber or similar) as well as knowledge of TDD/BDD
- Experience with manual acceptance testing at a story level as well as exploratory and creative testing within fast-paced sprint cycles.
- Aptitude for finding edge cases and desire to break things so they can be put back together
The current tech stack is built on Java Spring Boot, Scala, AWS, and React. Knowing all of these in detail isn't a requirement, as they're happy to train you so long as you have a desire to learn.
Extremely family-friendly; great benefits. No relocation for this role. No visa processing. You will need to successfully complete a background and drug screen.
There is a daily triage meeting among HR at 9:15-9:30 regarding submitted candidates. The relevant Hiring Manager reviews and okays any CVs to begin the process:
- First step is the interview process is a behavioral screen with the head of HR.
- Then there is a 30min, remote technical screen; live shared screen coding challenge.
- Then there is a 4h onsite (2 behavioral interviews; 2 technical interviews). The behavioral interviews are all STAR - describe Situation that you were in, explain the Task you had to complete, describe the Actions you took to complete the task, and then provide the Result of your efforts.
- They then aim for 24h turnaround in offer making
In the interviews, they want people to readily admit what you don’t know - no BS. Anything on the CV is fair game. They want to see customer empathy, product-centric, bias-to-action; people with backbones, who take ownership. If they’re lacking in any of these dimensions they should show being able to make it up in coachability.
Please send a thoughtful email, with your resume in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org